Listen to the Full Podcast Episode in iTunes or Below
Product-related video content is the key to generating leads that turn into sales. Delivering quality informative video doesn’t have to break the budget.
When people want to learn about your product or service, video content has several advantages.
- People expect to watch and share videos about your offerings.
- You can convey a lot more information with video than other formats.
- People comprehend video at higher rates than text.
- You have the ability to form a stronger connection with your audience in videos.
However, video can be expensive to create if you model your video marketing strategy after the big brands that you encounter every day. It does not have to be that way.
In this week’s episode, I’ll share with you the trick to generating a lot of authentic product videos without a big marketing team or a big budget.
I’ll also lay out a framework for small marketing teams to think about middle of the funnel content offers. This half educational, half product-oriented information is an important part of generating qualified leads.
I’ll kick off this episode of the Small Marketing Teams podcast with a story about positioning and how something that can feel risky can be just what your business needs.
(2:15) The power of picking a position in your market.
Learn about a local business that created strong positioning for their company by clearly spelling out who they are a good fit for and who they are not trying to serve.
(6:25) Ideas for middle of the funnel marketing content.
For those listeners that hear me talk about middle of the funnel content, but aren’t sure where to start, this is a must-listen episode. You’ll find out the three types of middle of the funnel marketing offers that I recommend starting with.
(15:00) Don’t let video content intimidate you.
Experienced marketers know that content is only effective when it is consistent. This is also very true when it comes to video content.
Often, smaller marketing companies reach out to bigger companies to help them create videos. Learn why this can be a dangerous practice for small marketing teams.
This episode focuses on how to create middle of the funnel product videos. This is applicable to any small marketing team but as always, make adjustments where needed to fit your market.
Let’s get started.
A step-by-step guide to creating product videos
- Choose the right equipment (2:50) While iPhones are welcome, there is some other (often inexpensive products) you will need to get started.
- Set-up your space (4:30) Before you hit the record button you need to make sure you’ve found the perfect space. You’ll also need to think ahead about what you’re going to discuss.
- Hit the record button (9:00) It’s important to kick-off with the right tone. Make sure you introduce yourself and keep it human throughout. Keep your presentation concise while packing a lot of clear value.
- Edit your masterpiece (11:30) Once you’ve got all the pieces, it’s time to start matching them together. Learn how to layer all the components to create one awesome product video.
Check out the full episode for even more details. If you want more information about where you should host your completed videos, listen to last week’s episode here.
(31:30) Get the Guide
Over the course of a few hours, you can create several product videos that highlight your product and service in a very human way. Creating this type of relatable content will help to grow your audience and build trust with your visitors. Don’t forget to download our complete guide (including product recommendations) to help your team start creating product videos today.
If you found the advice in this episode helpful, please subscribe to the Small Marketing Teams podcast and leave a rating and a review while you’re there.